HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Cinnamon Toasted
Gail Oust
A Catered Mother's Day (A Mystery With Recipes Book 11)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Fudge Recipes and a Cozy

Oh, Fudge! - Nancy CoCo

I just read this one first and it is far from the first in the series. I know that I will be reading the rest of the books. Allie is running the McMurphy Hotel and Fudge Shop that she inherited from her grandfather (Liam) and is shocked to learn that her cousin, Tori, has come to town and did not contact her. In fact, Tori is furious with Allie. Tori is viewed as a local, even though she had lived in CA for awhile, while Allie, who was currently living in Mackinac Island was still considered a fudgie, a person who goes to the Island for the fudge.

Tori is found over the body of a woman she had been fighting with the night before. Her cousin, Allie, found her over the body with her hand on the handle of the murder weapon.

Allie calls for help and when Rex, the police officer, treats her cousin as a person of interest, she feels that she needs to get involved to find the real murderer.

I did have problems with this because it was quite obvious from the moment a person is introduced that they are not who they seem and that they are involved in something. I am trying very hard to not say too much so I don't ruin for anyone else, but it is a good story and I did enjoy the story.