HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Christmas and Animal Smuggling

How the Finch Stole Christmas! - Donna Andrews

I do thoroughly enjoy Donna Andrews Meg Langslow stories and have been waiting for this book to come out and be available for me to borrow. I would search shelves at libraries to see if they had a copy available and I put it on waiting lists for Kindle from other libraries. This lives up to giving information on animals and why some should never be for sale to the public and why you shouldn't buy from a puppy mill. My heart broke reading about the poor mother dogs who were just so worn out.

I feel like some of the animal smuggling issues might come from the story in CA of a tiger cub brought into the US for sale. I know that I was following this story and have been watching the baby grow up.

While all this is going on, you have a temperamental, alcoholic actor that has to have someone constantly checking on him and finding his bottles. You have Meg dealing with her grandfather constantly trying to sneak more birds into the theatre where they are having rehearsals and just the general running about that she does for the town and her family.

It was funny to see that she and Michael had hidden presents for the boys in her husband's office with fake tags and at other people's houses or businesses. I remember when my girls were younger hiding presents for them in other people's barns (the best part of country living). I also loved that they talked about how they play board games and have been finding new ones, going so far as to list one that is actually available. I know that we are always on the lookout for new games, too.

I do recommend the series and while it isn't necessary to read in order, it does help as you go along and meet more of the family.

My only complaint was that the editing was not up to par. I do use the vocabulary found in these books with my daughters and encourage them to look up the words as they come across them.