HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Borrower of the Night
Elizabeth Peters
Survival of the Fritters (A Deputy Donut Mystery)
Ginger Bolton
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %
SPOILER ALERT!

Long Way Down

Long Way Down - Jason Reynolds Wow! Just Wow! A very fast read. It was a current version of S. E. Hinton's "The Outsiders" but set in a different era with different events. Will has just witnessed the death of his only brother, his favorite brother. As he listens to his mother grieving through the night, he remembers the rules, the rules his brother taught him. He finds the gun that his brother has hidden in his dresser and takes and keeps it under his pillow. He plots revenge on the person he believes killed his brother. When he gets onto the elevator to start his revenge, the elevator stops on every floor with another person, that he knows, or had a relationship with, getting on and telling him a story, trying to get him to go back to his apartment. The book is a very fast read, helped by the way it is written, like a poem, an ode. I highly recommend this book. The author did a fabulous job on this story talking about revenge and how revenge doesn't stop the killing but continues the killing.