HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

By Victoria Abbott The Wolfe Widow (A Book Collector Mystery)
Victoria Abbott
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1)
Kathi Daley
The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Much Better Than the Movie

Crowned and Moldering - Kate Carlisle

This book was made into a movie with Jewel as the lead. I really feel that movie was not very good and have not watched it more than once. (Usually takes me a few tries to see a movie in its entirety). While I am did not enjoy the movie, I did enjoy the book. It was much better.

Shannon Hammer owns and operates a business rebuilding and redoing Victorian Homes. She also jumps at the chance to learn how to install a Solar Grid that will cover the Senior Parking Lot. While all this is happening, on the first day of working on Mac Sullivan's House, the old Light House House, they find the bones of a young woman. It turns out to be one of her employee's sister and someone she considered a friend.

Eric, the police chief, asks her for help on this case because it was from before he came to town and she knows the players from that time when Lily went missing.

Shannon is trying to figure out who she is interested in, Mac or Eric and seems to be leaning more towards Mac. Her friend Emily starts dating someone and Sean starts dating someone.

I enjoyed this book because it carried the series along and helped with continuity. I also enjoyed that the story is engaging from the moment you start to the moment it ends so that you want to get the next book to see what happens next.