HelloGeorge

John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

An Author, Wife Swapping, Visiting Family and Murder

A Just Clause - Lorna Barrett

Tricia is hosting an author book signing and the man is late. Before he arrives, Tricia's father shows up and he is not well received by his daughter's because, on his last visit, he stole from the other merchants and his own daughters. Angelica paid off all the money he owed and replaced all the items he stole. Tricia's place is being remodeled and neither daughter wants to put him up. Also, none of the other merchants want him in their place and he cannot get a room at any establishment in town either. Pixie's fiancee, Fred, feels sorry for Tricia and her dad and offers him his almost empty apartment to stay in. Before he can get there, he gets his face slapped by a woman at the signing, who also slaps the face of the author. Then she is found dead on the street, by Tricia and her sister.

Tricia gets involved in finding the murderer because she wants to clear her father's name, even if his name is less than stellar. She and Angelica also want to bring their parents back together.

So many things happen in this story and you learn more about the relationship between Tricia and Angelica.

I have gotten a little out of order in the series and there are things that have happened in the other books that I am uncertain of how they came about. Things like Angelica's many businesses. How Tricia found about them, Bob killing Christopher. The cruise with the mother and father causing a huge split between the parents and Angelica and their mother.

So I am going to go back and get the other books that I have missed and get caught up.

This book was good and fun to read because I kept trying to figure out who did it and why. So it kept me guessing to the end.