HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Death of an English Muffin (A Merry Muffin Mystery)
Victoria Hamilton
The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Re-reading, Listening Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

I love Harry Potter and I love the stories. I will watch the movies whenever they show up on tv and I decided that I wanted to read the story in Spanish (trying to learn the language) and I am trying to knit or crochet and listen to Jim Dale reading the story. He makes the story come alive. I had battled with my girls trying to get them to read the stories and they wouldn't, but whenever we were in the car for long distances, I would play the story with Jim Dale narrating. They finally gave up and read the books and loved them, too. Maybe not as much as I do, but they do enjoy hearing the story. We live about 50 miles from my family and my husband's family and so we often drive 2 hours both ways and this gives us something entertaining. I recommend taking time to listen to these stories as narrated by Jim Dale.