HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Another Cozy Mystery with Recipes

Fudging the Books - Daryl Wood Gerber

This is Book 4 of the series and I have not read the other books. I just liked the name of this book and choose it first. As near as I can figure (I'll be reading the other books, too) it doesn't need to be read in order.

The bookstore is decorated for Pirate Days (a town celebration) and hosting a chocolate cookbook book club meal and they bring in Coco, a local celebrity with her own cookbooks and her publisher, another local. They have a lot of fun and enjoy the night. When they finish, they go to have a drink at the local wine bar, Vines. They separate to go home or on dates and the next morning, early, Bailey is calling Jenna to come to Coco's home because Alison has been murdered and was found by Coco in her home.

Cinnamon, the local police chief, asks Jenna to listen and let her know what she learns, but then takes it back because someone is making complaints and saying that the chief isn't able to find the murderer on her own.

There are two cats, who are brought back and forth to the store because Jenna doesn't feel her cat should be left alone at any time. Bailey is bringing the cat her boyfriend back and forth because Jenna does that.

Jenna keeps flashing back to her husband and his suicide, her life in the advertising agency. She keeps going off on wild goose chases trying to figure out who really is to blame for Alison's death.

The story was okay and the recipes will be fun to try. I think leaving the cat either at home or at the store, quit hauling it back and forth and without a carrier.