HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Death of an English Muffin (A Merry Muffin Mystery)
Victoria Hamilton
The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Agatha Christie Short Stories

The Harlequin Tea Set and Other Stories - Agatha Christie

This book contained 8 of Agatha Christie's short stories that had been published in magazines.

"The Edge"

"The Actress"

"While the Light Lasts"

"The House of Dreams"

"The Lonely God"

"Manx Gold"

"Within a Wall"

"The Mystery of the Spanish Chest"

"The Harlequin Tea Set"

I had started out trying to listen to the stories, but due to noise and time constraints, I just finally gave up on the listening and borrowed a Kindle copy of the book and read the stories for myself. I thoroughly enjoyed the stories. She wove such interesting stories and allowed the reader to go along with her and see if they come to the same conclusion.

I was able to go into the story and follow along with the line of reasoning of the main character and while not drawing the same conclusion, being close to the one that they were thinking. I was also charmed with the Hercule Poirot short story. This is my first time reading these short stories. It was nice to find them all in the same place.

At the end of the book was a list of all the stories she wrote. I recommend this to anyone who wants a quick read and wants to experience the master without reading a whole book.