HelloGeorge

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Tandem Jumping and Reading

This is a picture of my, at the time, 4-year-old daughter. She had a project where she had to take pictures of herself with different types of transportation. We thought outside the box and went to the airport where we used to watch (they moved locations to a bigger airport) the skydivers. The people who jumped and taught jumping were fabulous. The man is Dave. He was an instructor (he may still be). You have to be 18 to actually go up in the plane and jump out, but a picture, we could do this. She was hooked up like she was an actual tandem skydiver. I recently got this out and was looking at it and I thought, children learn reading best when we sit and read to them. Pointing the words and the pictures. Asking them questions as we go. Then letting them read to us and helping them along the way. Listening to them. Then graduating them to reading books and talking with them about what they read. Who would have thought this old picture would mean so much? I know that I loved reading to my girls when they were little. Telling them stories and talking about what they were reading. Even now, I still try to read what they read and talk about the story.