HelloGeorge

Truly Devious
Maureen Johnson
17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover-Up in History
Andrew Morton
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
Max Lucado
Progress: 51 %

Halloween Story

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes) - Isis Crawford

Bernie and Libby are still running their bakery business and catering business. They have been hired by Darius Witherspoon to cater a Costume Party that he is giving friends and business associates. But he signed the contract prior to the murder of his wife. He has been pretending that she has been missing. Bernie and Libby are also dealing with their dad's girlfriend who has opened her own bakery business. She even inserts herself into their business whenever she can. Every time she serves a meal to Sean (their father) he barely eats it and then asks his girls for their food from their bakery. He also thanks God that they cook like their mother. When they ask him why they just don't tell her, he says, then he would have to say what he does like and he doesn't like any of it.

The story involves ghosts, zombies (wife wasn't really dead, but he thought she was), revenge (all the stolen monies and a death of an innocent villager). Darius was a treasure hunter who used others money to get there and then does things that cause him to have to run from people.

Right before his party, he brings an envelope to Bernie and Libby and asks them to keep it in their safe until after the party. They open it if he dies, but return it if he lives. When he dies, Bernie runs to their safe and gets it. They know that he didn't kill himself and now they have to prove to everyone, including Lucy (the chief of police who hates them).

The story gets better at the end but seems to take too much attention to read. Yeah, it seems I am into quick reads, but I just need too much time to sit and get into the book and end up rereading parts that I already read. I also have to keep going back to find a person briefly mentioned at another part of the story so was not memorable enough for the next mention. I have others of her books and may read a few of them as I am interested to know how and when Sean no longer needed a wheelchair. I get the feeling that these are the books that need to be read in order.