HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Death of an English Muffin (A Merry Muffin Mystery)
Victoria Hamilton
The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

The Candy Bomber

Candy Bomber - Michael O. Tunnell

This was a great book. It says that it is written for a younger audience. I didn't even know that there was an adult version of the book. I had heard about the dropping of candy during the Berlin Airlift following WWII, but I didn't know that it was started because the children would rather go without than give up their freedoms. The stories of some of the kids holding onto parachutes because to them it represented freedom. What an awesome story and such an uplifting story. Definitely good for the children, but also good for adults who just want a quick read on what happened that might prompt them to read the adult version.