HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Thanksgiving Is Coming

25 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes Cookbook (Simple and Easy Thanksgiving Recipes) - Hannie P. Scott

Every year, while growing up, I heard how I had ruined Thanksgiving. How did I do this? By being born. It was my parent's first married Thanksgiving and I was born on that very day. My dad got a great meal at his parents' house and my mom was only allowed what they would give her in the hospital.

Flash forward 39 years and my youngest is born, 2 days before my birthday and 3 before Thanksgiving. I was asked what I was going to do for my birthday the next year. I told the nurses, no offense (they were the best ever) I was staying far away!

Now, for Thanksgiving, we celebrate my daughter's birthday and my birthday on Thanksgiving Day with a full Turkey meal and other things. We love this and day and all that comes with it. My father-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law will be here for the day and we will have a lot of fun and food.

I am always on the lookout for something new and different to add to the meal.

I did like the book, but I didn't see anything I could add that we didn't already make or that we could actually have.

It was a free purchase from Amazon and I do recommend getting a copy, maybe there would be something you would enjoy.