HelloGeorge

Truly Devious
Maureen Johnson
17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover-Up in History
Andrew Morton
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
Max Lucado
Progress: 51 %

Rob Lowe and His Life

Stories I Only Tell My Friends: An Autobiography - Rob Lowe

This was a really good biography. I grew up watching him and I loved "The Outsiders" and a few of the other movies from the 1980's. Some of the movies I had not heard of or even watched. He started out not far from where I live currently and was just another kid who liked to act and participate in the local theatre scene. After his mother's 2nd divorce, she drags Rob, his brother Chad and his half-brother to CA, where they start living with her 3rd husband, her former allergist (doctor). I was surprised to learn that the opportunities for kids in shows were so minimal, but then I thought back on all the shows from that time period and realized that most of the shows were geared towards adults, not kids and as a result they didn't have a lot of kids in them or they were just little side notes.

I was not surprised at the drug usage or the drinking he talks about. It was par for the course for so many of those kids to be addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. I was surprised about his going to therapy and that he made up his own mind to never go back. I did see him with a new eye and have started looking at some of the other movies and shows he has been in and watching them.

I noticed that he didn't name names, just to be naming names. He would mention the Sheen (Estevez) family because they were neighbors. He mentioned Tom Cruise and Andrew McCarthy, more because they were all part of the "Brat Pack" era.

I found the book interesting and fun to read and at the same time, a good book to read if you like biographies, especially for those who grew up in the eye of the public, while you were growing up.