HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Computer Dates with Animals, Con Men and Murder

Mission Impawsible - Krista Davis

We are back in Wagtail and the town is hosting an event to meet the "perfect" match using a computer-generated match with a matchmaker and the people's pets. People are supposed to fill out the forms truthfully, but many fudge the truth (or downright lie) and then Macon makes a match for them. The problem is that two of the participants have mothers who are overprotective and they both are fighting to find someone. A psychiatrist who professes that love is not a true thing and that feelings for animals is neurotic shows up and insults people. He is known for being a horrible psychiatrist that is very controlling and not very caring of the patients.

Holly is still working at her grandmother's inn and loves being there. "The Ben" is coming up to the inn again for the weekend, he has requested a dog to "try out" and is shocked when the dog is not what he imagined it would be. He wants a small dog that is calm, showing just how much he doesn't know about dogs. He is trying to convince Katie that they belong together. Holly's grandmother does not like Ben and has signed Katie up for the matchmaking. When her match shows up, she states that she didn't sign up and then finds out about her grandmother's actions. Eventually, John and Katie go out together and as they are walking, her dog finds the body of the psychiatrist, but he has no identification and has a letter from Holly's grandmother in his pocket. To confuse things, when the real person shows up, Holly's grandmother is confused and admits to Holly that she was trying to find someone for herself.

While all this happens, Zelda's ex-husband, Hank shows up and starts causing problems, too. Dave is trying to do his best, but he suspects Holly and Zelda of murdering Hank, he thinks that Hank murdered the psychiatrist and the confusion continues.

All of this just pushes Holly and Zelda into trying to find the true murderer so that neither one is charged and the real person is caught and brought to justice.

Fun story and a fast read (running out of time on the library loan). I did find it hard to put down and was getting testy with all the interruptions (kids) because I wanted to finish this book. Wagtail seems like a place that I would love going to visit, but I don't think I would take my cats with me, my dog, yes, but my cats, no.