HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Death of an English Muffin (A Merry Muffin Mystery)
Victoria Hamilton
The Sayers Swindle: A Book Collector Mystery
Victoria Abbott
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Catering, Book Signing and Murder

Spells and Scones - Bailey Cates

Lucy, Ben and Katie are catering a book signing for a self-help guru, Dr. Dana, at their business neighbor's bookstore. As the author arrives, there are a few people who have shown up to contest that the guru is what she says she is. Her "Radical Trust" philosophy has proven detrimental to many relationships. Her sister and her husband help to usher her to the back of the store when it seems all that were present to get an autographed copy of her book have been taken care of. She is found laying on the floor with a scent of almonds.

The woman accused of the murder turns out to be a witch and Mungo's former owner. She had stopped practicing magic and was divorced following the advice of Dr. Dana. Mungo convinces Katie to help her and prove that she couldn't have murdered Dr. Dana. As Katie delves into the mystery she finds many other suspects, including Dr. Dana's sister, husband, a bar owner and his wife.

Fun read. Declan and she are moving closer to being together and have been together for a year. Steve has returned to town and has broken ties with his father and the Dragohs. He is also wanting to be with Katie again.