HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Well, That Was a Surprise

Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie

Monsieur Hercule Poirot is on a train traveling with the train owner, a doctor and 12 other people. Sometime during the night, before the train is trapped due to snow on the tracks, a man is murdered. He is thought to the be the man who murdered a baby during a kidnapping and escaped justice in the United States. He is asked by the train owner to help solve the mystery of who would murder this man on the train.

I listened to this on Audio because I have been trying to get many things accomplished and it was hard to listen to the story (people talking, noise from a house being rehabbed). I regretted trying to do this, but at the same time wanted more time to listen and accomplish other things.

The 12 other passengers give alibis to or claim not to know any of the other passengers. Hercule also notes prior to the murder that the victim does not speak French fluently and yet during the time of the murder, is said to have spoken fluently.

I did enjoy the story and will probably go back and read the book format to see what I may have missed while trying to listen to the story.

Overall a good story from Agatha Christie.