HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
Chelsea Sedoti
A Catered Murder (Mystery with Recipes, No. 1)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Con Man and Hurt People

Close Knit Killer - Maggie Sefton

Rizzoli has returned to Ft Connor and people are up in arms over this man returning and seeming to take up where he left off. He conned good people out of their money with a Ponzi scheme. One man lost all he had and became an alcoholic living on the trail near the golf course, another man lost everything and killed himself, leaving his wife and daughter to rebuild their lives, alone. The next man, lost his mother to cancer when her life savings were depleted and she was left with nothing.

Barbara, a friend of Kelly and her friends, confronts Rizzoli at the Lambspun and has a heated exchange with him. Then goes and confronts him again at the seminar he was giving, having to be escorted out.

Malcolm, the recovering alcoholic, also confronts Rizzoli at the Lambspun. He is shoved to the ground by Rizzoli and called names.

Nelson, who lost his mother, confronts Rizzoli the night that Rizzoli is murdered.

Kelly and her friends have a hard time accepting that any of these people would kill Rizzoli, but she is determined to figure out who had murdered Rizzoli.

The ending of this book leads directly into Book 12 "Yarn Over Murder," as it follows the forest fire that happened in Colorado the year that Book 11 was being written.

Cassie becomes a new character in the series and lives are changing. The friends are all moved into homes that Kelly's boyfriend had built, but was unable to sell. They all live close to each other and continue to help each other and provide support when it is needed.

Pete's grandfather has a heart attack and Pete has to go and take care of him and his niece, Cassie. When it is found that Cassie's mother is unwilling to return to care for her daughter, Pete brings her back to Ft. Connor, where the "gang" help her settle into life and help her get involved in many things.

These are books that I enjoy reading and re-reading. They have a recipe and a pattern in the back of the book and can be read out of order (with the exception of 11 and 12). They give enough back detail that you can skip around.