HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
Chelsea Sedoti
A Catered Murder (Mystery with Recipes, No. 1)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Worst Nightmare Come to Life

The Leaving - Tara Altebrando

When my kids were little (and even now), I worried that someone would take them. In this, 6 children are taken from their school and held for 11 years. But before their 16th birthdays, they are returned to their families, all but one. The story follows Avery, the younger sister of the child who doesn't return, Lucas and Scarlett.

It had many errors and there were times where I felt that the conversations should have been from someone else, not the one talking. On the whole, it was a good story. I don't recommend this book to anyone with littles because it would be too close to home.

This book deals with shooting at schools, memories being modified and kidnapping of children. The emotions of the families affected, the children who were taken and trying to get back to some form of normal.