HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

2nd Honeymoon, A Hunt for the Truth, and Scandal

Aunt Dimity's Good Deed - Nancy Atherton

Lori has been under a great deal of stress trying to get to know her new husband and he has been under a lot of stress trying to do all the work so that he can take over for his father. All this stress and the aunts who constantly ask when are you going to have a baby. Lori decides that she and her husband, Bill, need to go on vacation to her English cottage. An inheritance from her mother's friend, Aunt Dimity. Just as they are ready to leave, her husband has to go out of town to deal with something that he had started and the family involved states they are ready to finish. So she and her father-in-law, William, go to England together. One day while she is visiting her friend, Emma, Emma's step-daughter comes running back to say that William has gone missing and the items from Aunt Dimity are with him. Nell and Lori take off to find William and bring him back.

Cute story that is a continuation of the 1st book, the 2nd introduces the love story of Emma and her husband and his children. The story is interesting as it brings more family into the story and allows for more story plots to develop.

Questions that are brought up:

1. Why did William take off?

2. Why did Gerald leave the firm?

3. Who was Sybilla and how does she play into the story?

4. Why is Lori sick all the time after leaving London?

5. Will Bill ever get to England to be with his wife?

6. What did Dimity mean that the money involved was not worth a life?