HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
Chelsea Sedoti
A Catered Murder (Mystery with Recipes, No. 1)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Two Formats for a Fast Read

Murder Most Howl - Krista Davis

Because I was trying to accomplish some things, I listened to this book at the same time, I read the book (I would just adjust ahead when I switched formats). For me to listen to an audiobook, I have to be able to hear it. My girls are quite loud and my husband likes the tv. This makes it hard for me to hear what is being read. So I tend to do this when I am at the computer and alone (or everyone is asleep). I would read for myself when it was loud.

These books can be read out of order and I say that because that is what I have been doing. I picked this one up because of the title and thought it would be fun. It was fun.

Holly and Val and a few other shop owners banded together to have a murder mystery weekend and put together prizes. All this in hopes of bringing in business over the winter. Val and Holly both came to town at the same time and became friends. Holly is helping her Oma run the Inn and Val is new pub owner. The town allows people to bring their animals with them and has different things set up around town for the humans and their furbabies. Oma has decided to go on a vacation and leave Holly in charge. Holly has to find and hire a new handyman, their current one got a job that he had wanted for awhile, and keep the guests who came to the Mystery Weekend happy.

Norm is not happy with their activities and when they wouldn't let him help he started working to sabotage the event. The night of the "murder" a body shows up in Holly's Inn. The lights had gone out and the body reached out and grabbed her so she would scream. Then the body disappeared and the lights came back on. Holly is curious to know who was the "body" and what happened to her lights.

The next day on the way to Val's, Holly and her dog Trixie find Norm, frozen to a bench. Dave begins investigating, but some of the players of the murder mystery want to find the killer of the real murder.

All this happens as a blizzard happens and people are causing issues throughout the town. Who put out all the false clues and why, who murdered Norm and who keeps stealing the little items from different rooms?

Fun read and very fast.