HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

By Victoria Abbott The Wolfe Widow (A Book Collector Mystery)
Victoria Abbott
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1)
Kathi Daley
The Cat of the Baskervilles
Vicki Delany
Girl Missing
Tess Gerritsen
A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery)
Lorna Barrett
Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Movie Script

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay - J.K. Rowling

I had seen the movie before reading this script/book. I truly enjoyed the movie and when I found this book at the library, I was so excited. I borrowed it and my girls (who also loved the movie) took the book and went off to read it, too.

If you enjoyed the Harry Potter books this would be a story about the time before Harry Potter and shows that there are more than just British Witches and Wizards, they are everywhere and have their own terms and rules.

We meet Newt Scamander, who is very interested in magical beasts and he has come to America on a mission. It is the 1930's and as he is stumbling through New York, one of the beasts escapes and he inadvertently shows these to a No-Maj (non-magical person) and before he can obliviate the man, he is caught by Tina Goldstein, a former Auror in MACUSA. As they go through the city many things are happening and they end up working together to save the city, the magic folk and the No-Maj people.