HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
Chelsea Sedoti
A Catered Murder (Mystery with Recipes, No. 1)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Reading progress update: Started at Library

No Nest for the Wicket - Donna Andrews

I didn't think to bring my tablet with me, so I could continue to read at the library while I waited for my daughters, usually, they are waiting on me, while I hunt books, but this time, they wanted to play Minecraft and so I picked up a book to read, while I waited. This was on my tablet waiting to be read and is one that I purchased to read because I was having trouble getting a copy of it.

Meg is playing X-treme Croquet with her family and 7 other teams in two neighbors fields. Mrs. Fenniman read about the sport in a magazine and decided she wanted to play, but the family wouldn't get on board. Meg's family is known for being extreme with croquet games already. After she takes her turn, along comes Mrs. Pruitt, who sends Meg's ball over a cliff. She goes to hunt the ball and finds a dead body.

While all this is going on, she and Michael have hired the local characters, the Shiffleys, to do the work on their house so that it can be lived in and they are hosting the teams that came from out of town to play in the tournament.

There are so many laugh out loud moments that my middle daughter borrowed the book from the library so she could read it, while I was reading it.