HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
Progress: 51 %
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Reading progress update: Not very far yet

Murder at the 42nd Street Library: A Mystery (Thomas Dunne Book) - Con Lehane

I know it isn't far, but I borrowed it on Kindle App and I just sent a bunch of books to the app because I am rereading them. So it takes a long time for things to download and the actual book to open so that I could read and then I set it down, did a bunch of things with my girls (basically returning books to the library and getting more books). But I am enjoying this story.

Ambler is an employee at the 42nd Street Library. This is basically a reading library. You cannot borrow a book from it, you request books and/or papers and come in and read in the library for research.

There are a lot of descriptions of the library in the first chapters to give the reader a glimpse of the place, should they like me, not have been to NYC and may never go there. I went through NY to NH one time and was so disappointed in my visit that I said I wouldn't go there again. On the other hand, I did love New Hampshire and would love to go back again.

A man walking into the library is shot in front of a defrocked priest (Harry) and the police are investigating and come to Ambler to see if he has heard anything they need to hear.

There seems to be a lot going on, Adele (another librarian) has just lost her mother, Harry trying to keep certain "researchers" happy, and Max (a former classmate of Ambler and writer of celebrity autobiographies).