Mary's Books

Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Murder at the Vicarage
Agatha Christie
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
Magic and Macaroons
Bailey Cates
Six Geese A-Slaying
Donna Andrews

Why Did I Choose This for the Start?

The Red Badge of Courage - Stephen Crane

I decided that the girls were going to study Civil War for History and to double dip with Literature that covers the topic, too. This is an iconic classic of the Civil War. I remember reading it many years ago. I flew through it, too, not noting some of the things that I saw when I was reading this time. Age over youth caused me to slow down and read when I didn't have people trying to get my attention (you know, someone talking to you while you read). It took some time, I took notes and I know that when we start back on Tuesday, we will have an interesting discussion of the novel.