HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Glad to Be Finished

Some Enchanted Éclair - Bailey Cates

I did enjoy the book, but it took me longer than usual. Partially due to illness, I got very ill and was sleeping on the couch for 3 straight days and nights. Partially due to my dad (at almost 80 years old) falling off a ladder and getting hurt, so I have been driving down (about 75 miles as the bridge over the river is being worked on and they closed parts of it and traffic is horrendous). I am just glad to be finished because it was a library borrowed book and I really needed to return the book.

This book has Katie and Declan working on their relationship. Steve trying to give them the space to do it, while he still yearns to be with Katie.

A movie has come to town and it has been causing some problems. People who are excited to see actors and actresses close up and others who want to watch how the "magic" happens. Katie's uncle, Ben has been hired to be security for the film. He is using firefighters who are off shift to help keep the area free of visitors. Simon, the movie's fixer, comes into the Honeybee and requests a catered meal for the movie people. The caterer he had hired has just been fired and he needs food for the cast and staff quickly. Lucy and Katie decide that they will take on the job, but after the first day of the "fixer" has been murdered using their knife they sent with a watermelon.

Ben and Katie want to find who murdered Simon since it was on his watch and using their knife. They decide to work together and use all their resources. They even use the main actresses medium, Ursula, to help them try to contact Simon to find out who did this to him.

I have lived in a few towns that have hosted movies (Newport, KY - "Rainman" and another that I can't think of, it had Molly Ringwald. Lebanon, OH - a Hallmark Christmas Movie). It is interesting to see the "magic" and it is always interesting to see how people are willing to let their lives be disrupted for a short time to host Hollywood Elites.

I have some pictures taken on very hot days of August, where all the signs say Merry Christmas and there is "snow" on the ground and many of the storefronts made up for Christmas.

Image may contain: 2 people

Image may contain: 2 people

It was fun to see two seasons at one time in our small town.