HelloGeorge

John A Carroll
Progress: 42 %

Not My Type

Finding Moon - Tony Hillerman

I do have a style or type of book that I enjoy. I will read things that don't fall into that type, but usually, I have a hard time getting into them or staying with them (takes me a long time to get through). I was having to listen to it as well as reading in order to get through it. I would find things to do that would prevent me from picking up a book. While the story was good (searching for his deceased brother's baby girl in Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia), I just had a hard time getting into the book. I know that I may need to revisit this book sometime in the future. I do enjoy Tony HIllerman's books and have read many of them in my life (owning as many as I could) and borrowing others (when I started having children I made it a priority to buy them books and I borrowed, but I also taught them the wonders of libraries).

If you are a history buff and want to learn some about Vietnam, Cambodia, etc, I would recommend this book. I used to read anything I could find on that time period, but right now, I just don't seem to be able to read these books.