HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Knitting Socks

Socktopus: The Knitter's Guide to Designing Socks - Alice Yu

I love to borrow books from my local libraries. I love that I can go to different libraries and borrow knitting and crochet books as they don't all have the same. I found this book at the Mary L Cook Library in Waynesville, OH.

Another thing, I love to knit and crochet and I do enjoy making socks, but I like to stay home to work on them or sit somewhere quiet to knit on them. So I borrow Sock books frequently.

This book was fun to look at and read the patterns. There were some that could be generic (male/female), but mostly they were for women/girls. This book had many different looks to the socks and one showed a fun pinwheel heel. I would love to try that. I do copy the patterns from the book in order to make some of them. It is always a good idea to copy the pattern from the book so you can mark on it as you are making the pattern. You really don't want to mark up a book you buy or a book you borrow.

I recommend this book to anyone who knits and loves to make socks. If you look at it what was your favorite pattern?