HelloGeorge

John A Carroll
Progress: 42 %

Series Easily Read in Any Order

Cockatiels at Seven - Donna Andrews

I am rereading Donna Andrews "Bird" Cozy Mysteries. It took me over a year to read all that she had and I read them out of order at that time, too. I thoroughly enjoy the stories. I picked up the first one ("Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon") because of the picture on the cover and the title. It just made me laugh and I had to read it. It was fun from beginning to end. So I had to read the rest of her books. She has 2 books coming out, one in August and one at Christmas and I am just rereading to remember some of the things from past books.

This is a good series, but also can be read as a stand alone. She is good for learning vocabulary, she loves her $10 words and also good for learning other things as well. You learn about different phobias, you learn about poaching or illegal trade of animals (wild and exotic) and many other things (sorry lots of lost sleep). There are many laugh out loud moments and many moments where you just feel what the MC is feeling (remembering when my kids were little).

Meg and Michael are back from their honeymoon and she is wanting to work on her stock (she is a blacksmith and sells at craft venues all over the area) and she keeps being interrupted and the biggest interruption is when an old friend, Karen, shows up with her baby, Timmy. She needs someone she can trust to watch Timmy for awhile, but when awhile, goes from hours to days, Meg starts trying to track Karen down and along the way finds all kinds of things that are happening in the small college town of Caerphilly, VA.

I highly recommend this book (book 9) and this series (Meg Langslow Cozy Mysteries). The titles are all bird related and once you starting reading into the books you understand why the birds.