HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Harry Potter's Book of Virtues: Volume 1, The Virtue of Work
Casey Robin, Connie Neal
Progress: 24 %
Murder at the 42nd Street Library: A Mystery (Thomas Dunne Book)
Con Lehane
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Family Reunites

Charms and Chocolate Chips - Bailey Cates

Katie is continuing to learn about her magic and she has started volunteering at the Georgia Wild group. Her aunt Lucy says it is so that she can build up enough good. She finds another dead body and is drawn into the search for the killer and trying to create a relationship with her mother and Declan.

Lucy and Katie's mother reunite and start to get along again and she learns what happened that caused her mother to not show her how to control her magic, she also helps her when she uses her "voice" to try and stop a fight Declan is having with an intruder with a knife. She helps to explain what she did and how it worked and what happened, to Declan who is not magical but still loves Katie.

This is book #3 in the series and could be read as a stand alone, but it helps to have read the previous 2 books as it helps move the story along. The author does not use "it's a long story" when something from a previous book happens or needs to be brought up to move the story along.

Very good story. This one did keep me guessing as to who did the murder, but it was nice to come to the end to finally figure out who did it.