HelloGeorge

John A Carroll
Progress: 42 %

Poetry from High School

The Raven - Gallery Books

When I was in high school, I went to a private school that prepared an all-girl student body to go to college. I remember being assigned this poem in an English class and I remember some of the discussion, but when I reread this poem today, I looked up more of the words that I had just passed on when I was in high school. Why did I reread this poem? I am starting my prep for next year. I will have a high school freshman, an 8th grader, and a 7th grader. I am looking at the poem from a new perspective and realizing things from the poem that I had missed when I was in high school.

Have you ever reread something you read when you were younger and thought about it in a new way?