HelloGeorge

Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 42 %

"Follow Me Boys"

I know that this is a book site, but I have never found the book that would be related to this movie. It was put out in 1966, about the time my father became a boy scout leader that year, the year that he married my mom, the year that I was born (married in January, me in November). Fred McMurray stars as Lem Siddons who volunteers to form a boy scout troop to keep the town's boys out of trouble. He takes on the position of Boy Scout Leader and it shows how he and his wife meet, marry and raise the boys together.

I saw this movie for the first time after my husband and I got married (in 2000). I had never seen this movie before.

Kurt Russell is a young Whitey, who is one of his boy scouts whose father dies and he and his wife bring him into their home and raise him as their own.

I think my favorite part of the movie is when Lem is captured during War Games and his troop end up in the middle of the War Games. I won't ruin the War Games scene, but I will state that this movie is so wonderful. I own a copy of the movie (DVD format) and I just recently borrowed it through Hoopla, so I could show it to my girls while we waited in a doctor office for a visit.

If you think you would like to see this movie definitely look into borrowing it from your local library. Something I learned about our libraries...if you borrow a book it helps them earn more money to buy more books.

Enjoy!