HelloGeorge

John Toland
The Complete Poems of Paul Laurence Dunbar
Paul Laurence Dunbar
Progress: 17 %
How the Finch Stole Christmas!
Donna Andrews
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

For the Absolute Beginner

African Flower Crochet: The Absolute Beginners Guide - Learn How To Do Basic African Flower Hexagon - Grace  Roth

I have been knitting for 10 years (self-taught), I have been crocheting for 41 years (self-taught) and cross stitching for over 20 years (taught by a friend). I am currently learning how to sew (with a sewing machine) and books, with my children (homeschooled) and we are working on simple things at the moment.

I love to buy books that teach new techniques for crochet, knitting or cross stitch and read them as fast as I can. I was disappointed with this book as the author states that chaining 5 and connecting at the beginning is a magic circle. Since this was how I had always made starts in my amigurumi creations, I found this interesting as I had learned about 5 years ago how to make a magic circle and it looked like this and was not happy with that bit of misinformation.

The next problem I had was that you have to read through a lot of descriptions to find out each step on how to make the African Flower. While this would be good for a very early beginner, it would have helped (since I had wanted to make an African Flower) to have the instruction and then the description of what she wanted people to do. I lost interest quickly and decided to keep searching for another pattern. If she rewrites this book, I will gladly look at it again, but I will be deleting it from my Amazon account and from my Kindle (it was free).

If you are an absolute beginner, check out the book, but if not make your own decision.