Mary's Books

Thirteen Chocolates (A Chandler's Chocolate Box Mystery Book 1)
agatha chocolats
A Catered Wedding
Isis Crawford
The Murder at the Vicarage
Agatha Christie
The Know Your Bill of Rights Book: Don't Lose Your Constitutional Rights--Learn Them!
Sean Patrick
Magic and Macaroons
Bailey Cates
Six Geese A-Slaying
Donna Andrews

What happens when there is murder at the Renaissance?

Royal Cat - Garrison Allen

The book is set in Arizona at the Renaissance Faire. The current Queen Elizabeth of the Faire is murdered and Penelope is requested to come and be the new Queen Elizabeth. She agrees in order to help the police find the murderer because the actors who are camping at the location on the weekends aren't very helpful to the police (outsiders). She brings her boyfriend, Andy, with her to be her consort and her cat Big Mike (aka Mycroft or Mikey). They search through the fairgrounds hoping to find something, but they just find more questions and another murder.

I really enjoyed this story. It had many moments that inspired outright laughter. I recommend this book to people who enjoy Renaissance Festivals. I know that I will be searching for this author at the library to read other books by him. I enjoyed the mischievousness of the cat and the use of literary remarks and notations of who made the remark or in which book it might be found. I also enjoyed the fact that while the cat was given human characteristics, he did not talk as I have encountered in other Cat Mysteries.