HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

Harry Potter's Book of Virtues: Volume 1, The Virtue of Work
Casey Robin, Connie Neal
Progress: 24 %
Murder at the 42nd Street Library: A Mystery (Thomas Dunne Book)
Con Lehane
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

A Good Classic

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain

Tom Sawyer was an assigned reading when I was in school and it was about how a young man came of age in a rural Mississippi area. Tom and his best friend, Huckleberry Finn, would often play hooky from school and would fish or swim in the river. One night they witness a murder, but when Tom, unable to keep the secret any longer, he goes to court and calls out telling the truth. This causes the two to have to run and hide from the true killer. He gets into lots of trouble and causes lots of trouble to his family and the town.

I know that many consider this a horrible book, but it was written at the time of slavery and it was written about the times. This book is fun for kids and adults and can help someone understand a time of history.