HelloGeorge

Mary's Books

A Catered Costume Party (Mystery With Recipes)
Isis Crawford
Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in 365 Days
John A Carroll
Progress: 60 %

Movie and Book together

Arsenic and Old Puzzles: A Puzzle Lady Mystery (Puzzle Lady Mysteries) - Parnell Hall

I have never seen the movie "Arsenic and Old Lace," and in this book, there is a strong connection to the movie. An old man is killed by poisons (3) in Elderberry Wine served by two spinsters running a boarding house. Cora is called to come and help by the Sheriff because the old man is carrying a Sudoku puzzle and another puzzle is found on the porch. As the time passes, more people are murdered for various reasons, but the movie connection starts to blur. Cora causes trouble and stirs up gossip and then figures out who the true murderer is, and holds a meeting to set out what is known, to help finger the suspect.

The story is fun and at some point it is interesting. I would love to have had the puzzle in a paper format so that I could have tried them myself before getting to the solution (shown in the book), but I borrowed from the library in e-book format.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18933472-arsenic-and-old-puzzles